Hong Thai Travel is your One-stop Travel Agent, bringing the world to you at your convenience.
Today, after more than two decades of conscientious effort, we have joined the ranks of large sized travel agencies and is now recognised as one of the leading industry players and a premier travel agency providing multifarious services. We boost a total staff strength of over 170 occupying 10,000 square feet metres, scattered between Level 2 and 4 of People’s Park Complex, the heart of Chinatown.
In appreciation of our consumers’ loyal support, the Hong Thai FANS Privilege Club was set up in 2009 to offer annual travel perks. As of date, the FANS Club is enjoying strong increment every Month. This growth is made possible with a committed team in delivering quality and amiable services to consumers.
Hong Thai Travel Singapore is wholly affiliated to Hong Thai Travel in Hong Kong, which has more than 45 years of renowned reputation and history. With about 30 branch offices spread across China, Hong Kong and Macau, it has sold 250,000 international air tickets each year. Based on AC Nielsen’s Hong Kong Media Index report, Hong Thai Travel Hong Kong achieved the highest outbound passengers count consecutively for 10 years since 2001, handling more than 450,000 passengers each year.
As we continue to innovate in providing the best travel selections here, we have widened our scope into Cruise Vacation. Currently, we handle a humble amount of Worldwide Cruise lines catering to different needs of our consumers.
With our long standing history and established business networks, we pledged to stay People oriented, receptive to changes and socially responsible in offering high quality travel services, while maintaining a high degree of professionalism and integrity towards the company’s stakeholders.
- Hong Thai Travel (Hong Kong) was the first agent to accept an invitation from the then Singapore Tourism Promotion Board to set up an Overseas Branch.
- Hong Thai Travel Singapore was established with only 4 staff in a small office located at Eu Tong Sen Street specializing in Inbound Tours.
- At the same year, we penetrated into other markets such as Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Taiwan, China and Middle East.
- The Corporate Ticketing department was set up to cater to a growing demand and within a year, we were admitted to the prestigious IATA
- The Outbound department was added to provide extended travelling options for avid travelers.
- Hosted delegations for Miss Hong Kong 1997 entourage and goodwill visit
- In December, Outbound Sales office was expanded and relocated from Level 4 to Level 2. Popular destinations like Australia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Taiwan, Thailand, Indo-China, USA and Exotic Destinations were expanded to cater for discerning travellers.
- The company’s staff strength has now increased to 80 with the larger Office space.
- Engaged in a wider spectrum of advertising and marketing initiatives such as radio and television, we progress to gain a wider foothold on the media platform.
- We took over three more shop units in addition to the existing shop front to accommodate the growing number of staff.
- Held delegations for Miss Hong Kong 2005 entourage and goodwill visit
- After complying with the stringent criteria to ensure that customers' expectations are met, Hong Thai Travel was among the pioneer batch of seven travel agencies to achieve the CaseTrust-NATAS Joint Accreditation.
- Over the last ten years, we have been recognised as ‘Top Sales Agency’ with awards from airlines like Air China, China Eastern Airlines, Cathay Pacific Airways, Japan Airlines, Korean Air.
- Received ‘Top Sales’ awards from overseas hotels like Grande Sheraton Walkerhill Seoul. In addition, we have been presented with awards from National Tourism Organizations from Hong Kong Tourism Board, Korea Tourism Organisation, Taiwan Visitors Association, and from various major theme parks such as Universal Studios Japan and Hong Kong Disneyland for our contribution and support. Many of these accolades were presented to us for consecutive years.
- Named ‘Best Travel Agency – Singapore’ at the TTG Travel Awards 2007
- Successfully passed the CaseTrust-NATAS interim assessment site audit.
- Held delegations for Miss Hong Kong 2008 entourage and goodwill visit
- Named ‘Best Travel Agency’ – Singapore’ at the TTG Travel Awards 2008. This is the second year in running that we have been awarded the title.
- Named ‘Best Travel Agency – Singapore’ at the TTG Travel Awards 2009, third year in running.
- 10 of the staff from the Outbound Sales office were awarded the Excellence Service Silver Awards jointly presented by SPRING and NATAS.
- The Outbound department sponsored the filming of two episodes of “On the Beat 4” to Guangdong, a travel infotainment production by MediaCorp Singapore.
- Celebrated our 25th Anniversary with the hosting of our very FIRST Carnival Travel Fair at Suntec
- Winner of ‘WSQ Training Excellence – Tour & Travel’ presented by Singapore Workforce Development Agency
- Co-sponsored the filming of the whole series (14 episodes) of “On the Beat 5”, a MediaCorp production spanning 4 countries, namely Korea, Taiwan, Japan (Hokkaido) and China (Shandong).
- We organised the first Singapore Tour Group to Hokkaido in May after Japan’s Tourism hiatus and received warm welcome from Hokkaido Tourism Bureau
- Celebrated our 26th Anniversary with the Second Carnival Travel fair